- About Snowy 2.0
- Final Investment Decision Information
- Why we need Snowy 2.0
- MJA Energy Market Report
- Planning and Environmental Approvals
- Exploratory Works
- Roads and Safety
- Business and Employment
- More information and enquiries
- Response to incorrect claims
- Frequently asked questions
- 2017 Snowy 2.0 Feasibility Study
Roads and Safety
Snowy 2.0 Exploratory Works have commenced in the Lobs Hole area of Kosciuszko National Park. Safety is the number one priority for Snowy Hydro so access restrictions for certain recreational areas and roads are being introduced as the project progresses. These access restrictions are to ensure the safety of the public and construction workers.
The following areas are CLOSED:
- Lobs Hole Ravine Road and Lobs Hole camping area.
- Wallace Creek Lookout on Lobs Hole Ravine Road.
At times there may be localised traffic impacts from Snowy 2.0, but Snowy Hydro is doing everything possible to minimise disruptions. Visitors to the region and local residents should exercise caution when driving, as an increase in car and truck movements in the area is expected, particularly along the Snowy Mountains Highway and Link Road.
There will be changed traffic conditions at times, including reductions in speed limits, which will be clearly signposted.